Hey Everyone! The show is almost upon us. This means its time to get your work prepped for June 20th. We wanted to update everyone on the drop-off details for next week, as well as info about the show itself.
ABOUT DROP OFF!
Please have work dropped off for the show no later than 4PM on Thursday, June 19th, and anything that needs to be mailed should be sent by Tuesday, June 17th(next day service) to guarantee delivery. This is very important, as we have a limited amount of time to hang A LOT of work.
We ask that you have all work ready to hang. This means you have included a placard or card of some sort with your name and project title. Optional information to include is medium and pricing (if you are selling your work). If you do not provide display instructions/materials with your drop off, we will hang it as we determine is most suitable to the space.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DROP OFF YOUR ARTWORK:
Please stop by on Thursday, June 19th from 10 AM - 4PM or June 20th from 10 AM - 12 PM at the Delaware Center for Contemporary Art - 200 S. Madison St. in Wilmington.We strongly encourage you drop off your work on THURSDAY to give us enough time to plan the space and hang the show.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HANG OR SET UP THE DISPLAY OF YOUR ARTWORK:
We ask that you bring your materials with you on Thursday, June 19th from 10 AM - 4PM or June 20th from 10 AM - 2 PM at DCCA.
IF YOU NEED TO COORDINATE ANOTHER TIME TO DROP OFF:
Please email Sarah with alternate times you are available. If we get enough people that need earlier/later times we will post an update to the blog on delawarefunaday.com.
A few things about hanging for the show:
- Valerie Rupinski (Thiel) will be the point person for Thursday and Friday before the show. Make sure you check in with her if you are dropping off and/or hanging your own work. She will be there both days.
- If you have a special installation piece (music, film) or require special display space (table, suspension) please let us know ASAP so we can make sure we plan accordingly. We ask that you provide your own display materials when possible.
- We welcome as many people to stay and help with hanging artwork (their own or as volunteers). With over 70 artists signed up for the show, we will have 2,100+ pieces of art to hang in just a day and a half.
- That being said, if you are installing your own pieces, you must check in with us first to be assigned a space. Wall space is available but, as in previous years, it is limited. Display walls will also be available.
- Please do NOT try to access the building before or after hours. The DCCA is very strict when it comes to their policies for groups renting the space - which we are doing for this event.
ABOUT THE EVENT!
We've posted a Facebook event HERE: http://bit.ly/FAD2014
It is at the DCCA!! And if you didn’t catch that address above it is, 200 S. Madison St., Wilmington, DE 19801.
Show opens June 20th at 6PM and carries on until 8PM. Again, DCCA has a strict policy for use of their space and we will not be able to linger after 8PM. The show will be up throughout the weekend so anyone showing up late will still be able to view during DCCA's regular hours on Saturday & Sunday.
Please invite your friends! We've already seen a bunch of RSVPs which is AWESOME! Keep it up! ALSO, if you know anyone in the media, please give them a heads up about the event. This is such a unique event in that it features a large volume of NEW works of art created by both emerging and established artists!
There is also an official AFTER PARTY at 1984 thanks to our good pal Dave Norbut! Details for the show can be found here: http://bit.ly/FADafterparty
Thank you to everyone for participating in Fun-A-Day! Just seeing the dedication, process and quality of the pieces for this year's show has been really inspiring. We can't wait to see you there!